NICHOLAS MARCHISELLO was born in New York on September 5, 1902, the son of Frank and Anna Marchisello. By 1920 the Marchisello family had come to New Jersey, and owned a home at 638 South 3rd Street in Camden. 

When the 1930 Census was taken, Frank Marchisello had passed away. Nicholas Marchisello and brothers James and Thomas were the proprietors of a junk business. Nicholas was then living at 638 South 3rd Street in Camden, and also taking care of his widowed mother, Anna. The 1947 Camden City Directory shows him as the treasurer of the Marchisello Brothers Inc. at 319-325 Pine Street. The company dealt in scrap metal, waste paper, and other recyclable materials. The Marchisello Brothers business remained in Camden through at least the late 1970s.

In January in 1938 Nicholas Marchisello was elected president of the La Marr Social Club, in a meeting held at 111 South 3rd Street. The club later acquired its own building, at 919 South 3rd Street, by 1947, but was gone from that location by 1959.

By 1959 Nicholas Marchisello had also left Camden, moving to 438 Mansfield Avenue in Haddon Heights NJ. He passed away on July 26,  1978, survived by his wife Louise. 

Camden Courier-Post - June 1, 1932

Camden Courier-Post - March 17, 1934
Another Truck for Firm Here

Because of the growth of its business, Marchisello Bros., Inc., dealers in paper stock, have added a truck to their fleet. The firm now operates 17 machines.


January 31, 1938