LAURA VEATCH was born around 1895 to George C. and Laura D. Veatch. Mr. and Mrs. Veatch had lived at 437 Pine Street at the time the 1890-1891 City Directory was compiled. George Veatch was a professional portrait artist. By 1910 the family had moved to 413 Carteret Street, where they still lived at the time of the 1920 Census. By which time Mrs. Veatch had passed away. Around 1925 George Veatch moved his family to 117 Columbia Avenue in Pitman NJ.
After graduating from the Camden Manual Training and High School at Haddon and Newton Avenues in 1913 and the Camden Normal School in 1915, Laura Veatch began teaching at the Beideman School in Cramer Hill on September 1, 1915. In September of 1922 she was transferred to the Harry C. Sharp Public School on 32nd Street in Cramer Hill, where she remained in the service of Camden's children until her passing on July 7th of 1950.
The Harry C. Sharp School Faculty - 1920s
Veatch is at far
left, Miss Ulman is fourth from the left
Click on Image to Enlarge
RETURN TO DVRBS.COM HOME PAGE