CHARLES J. BALL was born in Reading PA in 1881. By 1920 he had moved to Camden NJ, where he was working as a buyer for a restaurant. At the time of the census in January of 1920, Charles Ball was renting a room at 225 South 6th Street. He had married around 1904, but by this time had parted from his wife. He remarried around 1928.

By the time the 1930 Federal Census was taken, Charles J. Ball and his wife Bertha were living at 1045 Cooper Street in Camden NJ. He was then the proprietor of a drugstore. 

Charles J. Ball appears in the 1947 Camden City Directory. At this time he and his wife are living at 821 Cooper Street, and he is working as a park guard for the city of Camden. Shortly thereafter Mr. and Mrs. Ball moved to 821 Cooper Street, a few doors down from the Camden Elks Lodge to which he belonged. Late in life he developed a heart condition, and he suffered a fatal coronary thrombosis on July 15, 1950.

Camden Courier-Post

July 16, 1950

Click on Image to Enlarge