GEORGE F. HAMMOND was born on July 28, 1849 in Baltimore MD. He spent much of his youth in Ellicott City MD. George Hammond learned the trade of cigar making, and had moved to Illinois before his eighteenth birthday, where he was engaged in farming. He served for three years and three months during the Civil War, and fought in many battles. After the war he learned the plumbers trade, and, after moving about the country, he came to Camden in February of 1872.

George F. Hammond worked for another plumber for three years, before establishing his own business. During this period, on August 12, 1874 he married Jennie Valentine, who bore him ten children. In 1875 he went into business as a plumber for himself. The Hammond family resided at 444 Kaighn Avenue until 1890, when they moved to 20 South Third Street.

Involving himself in local politics as a Republican, George Hammond was made a member of Camden's Board of Health in 1886. In 1894 he was elected to City Council, serving to at least 1897. he was also named President of the Board of Health, and served through 1897 in that capacity as well.

George F. Hammond was a member of William B. Hatch Post No. 37 of the Grand Army of the Republic and was a Past Master of Ionic Lodge No. 94, Free & Associated Masons, and of other fraternal groups.

Jennie Hammond passed away in 1893. George F. Hammond eventually remarried. At the time of the 1920 Census, George F. Hammond, then 75, was living at 20 South Third Street with his wife Mathilde and her father, Ephraim C. Wright. 

George F. Hammond passed away in 1924.

Regimental History

Seventy-first Infantry. - Col., Othniel Gilbert; Lt. Col., James 0. P. Burnside;
Maj. DeWitt C. Marshall.

This regiment was mustered into the U. S. service July 26, 1862, at Camp Douglas, Ill., for three months. It moved the next day for Cairo, leaving two companies en route at Big Muddy bridge, on the Illinois Central railroad. The regiment remained ten days at Cairo, when it was ordered to Columbus, Ky., where the men, mostly from the northern part of Illinois, suffered severely from the sudden change of climate. Upon the completion of its term of service the regiment rendezvoused at Chicago IL, where it was mustered out on October 29, 1862.

Source: The Union Army, vol. 3

Regimental History
(Three Years)

The Thirty-third Infantry Illinois Volunteers was organized at Camp Butler, Illinois, in the month of September, 1861, by Colonel Chas. E. Hovey, and mustered into the United States service by Captain T. G. Pitcher, U. S. A.

September 20, moved to Ironton, Mo., via St. Louis. Remained at Ironton during the winter, with occasional scouts into the country. On one of these the battle of Fredericktown was fought - Company A on skirmish line. March 1862, moved, with the command of General Steele, southward, passing into Arkansas at Pitman's Ferry, and marching, via Pocahontas and Jacksonport, to Batesville, where it joined General Curtis' army; thence, via Jacksonport, Augusta and Clarendon, to Helena.

July 7, at Cache creek, or Cotton Plant, several companies participated in a battle with Texas rangers, in which Company A rescued and brought off a field piece belonging to our cavalry. The rebels had a large number killed, and were pursued for some miles. According to our official report one hundred and twenty three rebel dead were found on the main battlefield, and a number were killed in the pursuit. Seven were killed and fifty-seven wounded on the Union side; none killed in the Thirty-third.

During July and August were camped 20 miles south of Helena, and engaged in eight expeditions up and down the river.

September 1, was moved up the river to Sulphur Springs, and thence to Pilot Knobb, where it arrived in the middle of the October, 1862.

November 15, was moved to Van Buren, Ark., in Colonel Harris' Brigade, Brigadier General W.P. Benton's Division, of General Davidson's Corps. Made winter campaign in southeast Missouri, passing through Patterson, Van Buren, Alton, West Plains, Eminence and Centreville, and returned to Bellevue Valley, near Pilot Knob, about March 1,1863.

The Thirty-third was then ordered to Ste. Genevieve, Mo., where, with the command, it embarked for Milliken's Bend, La. Attached to the First Brigade, First Division, Thirteenth Army Corps, it was engaged in all its battles, participating in the battles of Port Gibson, Champion Hills, Black River Bridge, assault and siege of Vicksburg, and the siege of Jackson.

April 28, in company with a large force, embarked and ran down to Grand Gulf, where we watched next day the five-hours fight between the gun-boat fleet and the rebel batteries. The fleet having failed to silence the rebel guns, the troops marched across the bend to the river below, and the fleet ran past during the night, through a heavy fire, which however did but little injury even to the frail transport boats.

Next day, April 30, again embarked, ran down the river some miles and landed on the Mississippi side. May 1, the Regiment opened the fight on both the right and the left of the field; and the Thirteenth Corps mainly fought and won it. Four companies of the Thirty-third under Major Potter deployed as skirmishers on the left, developed the position of the enemy, and drew an artillery fire, holding the position until relieved by General Osterhans' Division.

Next morning, May 2, entered Port Gibson without further resistance, found the suspension bridge across the bayou burned; and the Thirty-third built, in four hours, a practicable floating bridge, over which the army marched.

On the 16th was fought the battle of Champion Hills. The First Division was held in reserve until near the close, but was in the advance is the pursuit, and pressed the enemy closely until dark, when it halted at Edwards' Station, and captured there a quantity of stores. Early in our advance, two men in Company C were killed by a stray or accidental shot. 

At daybreak, May 17, were in motion, the Thirty-third leading the advance and mostly deployed as skirmishers. Before 7 A.M., were engaged with the rebel works in front of the bridge and trestle at Black River. At about 10 A.M., a grand charge swept the enemy out of their works, capturing many hundreds of prisoners. Seventeen pieces of artillery were taken, fourteen of them being first seized by men of the Thirty-third Regiment. Company B was detailed to escort the captured cannon to Haines' Bluff.

May 19, first saw the fortifications at Vicksburg, moved up through the valleys under their fire, and at one time had preliminary orders to join in Sherman's partial assault, but received no final order to charge. Details took part in the fighting as sharpshooters. May 20, Captain Norton was wounded by a "spent ball," and Captain Kellogg was killed.

May 22, joined in the grand assault. Three companies were sent out as sharp-shooters, and Company B was on detached duty, leaving six companies to charge in line - probably not exceeding two hundred and fifty men. Seventy-five or six of these - nearly one third were hit, twelve being killed on the field and several mortally wounded. Reached the rebel works, tent were repulsed with the rest of the army; and at nightfall withdrew to a less exposed position, and began the six weeks' siege.

June 1, a careful compilation of losses since crossing the river showed nineteen of the Regiment killed in action, and one hundred and two wounded, of whom ten had already died in hospital. Some additional loss was suffered during the rest of the siege. July 4 came the welcome surrender of the rebel stronghold and its garrison of over thirty thousand men.

Again no time was wasted in ceremony. July 5, marched with the main army to Black River to oppose General Johnston; and by the 10th had pushed the enemy back to Jackson. On the night of the 16th the place was evacuated. After tearing up the railroad tracks for some miles, returned to Vicksburg July 24.

In August, moved to New Orleans with the Thirteenth Corps. In October, with Brigade of Colonel Shunk, Eighth Indiana, Major General C. C. Washburne's Division, and Major General O. C. Ord's Corps, engaged in the campaign up the Bayon Teche. Returned to New Orleans in November. Thence ordered to Brownsville, Texas, but, before landing, was ordered to Aransas Pass. Disembarked on St. Joseph Island, marched up St. Joseph Island and Matagorda Island to Saluria, participating in the capture of Fort Esperanza. Thence moved to Indianola and Port Lavaca.

The First Brigade, while on the main land of Texas, was commanded by Brigadier General Fitz Henry Warren.

January 1, 1864, the Regiment re-enlisted as veterans, and March 14 reached Bloomington, Illinois, and received veteran furlough.

April 18,1864, Regiment was reorganized at Camp Butler, Illinois, and proceeded to New Orleans, via Alton and St. Louis - arriving 29th, and camping at Carrolton.

May 17, ordered to Brashear City, La. Soon after its arrival the Regiment was scattered along the line of the road, as guard, as follows: company F, C and K, at Bayou Boeuf; Company I, Bayou L'Ours; Company A and D, Tigerville; Company G, Chacahoula; Company E, Terre Bonne; Company B, Bayou Lafourche and Bayou des Allemands; Company H, Boutte. Regimental Headquarters, Terre Bonne. The District was called the "District of Lafourche," commanded by Brigadier General Robert A. Cameron, Headquarters at Thibodaux.

September 17, 1864, the non veterans of the Regiment were started home, via New York City, in charge of rebel prisoners, and mustered out at Camp Butler, about October 11, 1864.

March 2,1865, ordered to join the Sixteenth Army Corps. Near Boutte Station the train was thrown from the track, and nine men - five of A, three of D, and one of G - were killed; and no less than seventy two more were enumerated by name and description as more or less injured, many of them very severely, two or three of whom subsequently died in hospital, and others were discharged from service disabled. The heaviest loss in wounded fell upon Companies A and D - G, E and I coming next in number, and every company suffering more or less, except C and F, which were at the rear of the train.

On the 18th, Regiment embarked on Lake Pontchartrain, for Mobile expedition. Company K, remaining behind to guard transportation, joined the Regiment April 11, at Blakely. Moved, via Fort Gaines and Navy Cove, and landed on Fish River, Ala., and marched with General Canby's army up east side of Mobile Bay. The Regiment was in the First Brigade, Colonel W. W. McMillan, Ninety-fifth Ohio; First Division, Brigadier General McArthur; Sixteenth Army Corps, Major General A. J. Smith.

March 27. arrived in front of Spanish Fort, the main defense of Mobile, and, until its capture, April 8, was actively engaged. Loss, one killed, two died of wounds, and nine wounded.

After the surrender of Mobile, marched, April 13, 1865, with the Sixteenth Corps, for Montgomery, Alabama, where it arrived on 25th, and encamped on the Alabama River. Here it received the news of Lee's and Johnson's surrender, after which its operations were not of a hostile character.

May 10, marched to Selma, and May 17 by rail, to Meridian, Mississippi. Here remained. In the latter part of July the Regiment was filled above the maximum, by men transferred from Seventy-second, One Hundred and Seventeenth, One Hundred and Twenty-second, and One Hundred and Twenty-fourth Illinois. 

Moved to Vicksburg., April 14,1865, and remained at that place until mustered out of service, November 24, 1865, and ordered to Camp Butler, Illinois, for final payment and discharge.

December 6, 1865, the enlisted men of the entire Regiment received their final pay, and discharge from the military service, at the hands of Paymaster Maj. Carnahan. The commissioned officers were paid and discharged next day, December 7, 1865; and the Thirty-third Illinois Regiment ceased to exist. Its record of over four years of faithful service was finished.

From first to last, about nineteen hundred and twenty-four names were borne on its muster rolls. The Regiment had three Colonels, six Lieutenant Colonels, and five Majors. Four companies had two Captains each; four had three each, one had four Captains, and one five. Only one of the original field and staff officers belonged to the Regiment at the final discharge- Surgeon Rex. Of the line officers, two only remained who had been officers at the outset - Captains Smith and Lyon - and they had been promoted from Lieutenants; all the other line officers had "risen from the ranks;" as had also the Major, Adjutant and Quartermaster.

The surviving members of the Regiment at this date (1886) are scattered far and wide engaged in various occupations, and with various fortunes. Many have held official stations in civil life. All but a very few have added to the merit of their military record that of an honorable and useful citizenship.

Several Regimental reunions have been held, and the last printed roster shows the post office address of a little over five hundred survivors living in over twenty different States and Territories, one third of them having emigrated west of the Mississippi River.

Source: Illinois Adjutant-General's Report, vol. 2, p. 651

Battles Fought

Fought on 26 December 1861.
Fought on 04 August 1862 at Wilkinson's Landing.
Fought on 14 September 1862.
Fought on 14 September 1862 at Prentiss, MS.
Fought on 19 September 1862 at Bolivar, TN.
Fought on 22 September 1862.
Fought on 28 September 1862.
Fought on 28 September 1862 at Mississippi.
Fought on 15 October 1862.
Fought on 25 February 1863.
Fought on 01 May 1863 at Port Gibson, MS.
Fought on 16 May 1863 at Champion Hills, MS.
Fought on 17 May 1863 at Black River Bridge, MS.
Fought on 20 May 1863 at Vicksburg, MS.
Fought on 21 May 1863 at Vicksburg, MS.
Fought on 22 May 1863 at Vicksburg, MS.
Fought on 24 May 1863 at Vicksburg, MS.
Fought on 29 May 1863 at Vicksburg, MS.
Fought on 31 May 1863 at Vicksburg, MS.
Fought on 01 June 1863.
Fought on 13 July 1863.
Fought on 15 July 1863 at Black River Bridge, MS.
Fought on 15 April 1864.
Fought on 02 March 1865 at Boutte Station, LA.


The following is derived from
George Reeser Prowell's
History of Camden County, N.J.
published in 1886

WILLIAM B. HATCH POST No. 37, of Camden, was instituted and chartered November 25, 1879, with eighty-one members and the following named Post officers:

Post Commander, John E. Grubb ; Senior Vice-Commander, Richard J. Robertson; Junior Vice-Commander, Daniel J. Fullen ; Surgeon, Thomas G. Rowand, M.D.; Chaplain, John Quick ; Officer of the Day, John A. Dall; Officer of the Guard, Edmund G. Jackson, Jr.; Quartermaster, Christopher J. Mines, Jr.; Adjutant, Benjamin J. Pierce; Sergeant-Major, William A.Tattern; Quartermaster-Sergeant, William B. E. Miller.

At the first meeting of the Post it was decided by a unanimous vote to name it in honor of the late Colonel William B. Hatch, of the Fourth Regiment. When Mrs. C. Hatch, the mother of the colonel was informed that the post had honored the memory of her son by naming it after him, she sent to the Post the following response :

Camden N. J.,
November 26th, 1879

 John E. Grubb, Post Commander

Dear Sir,
                It will afford me much pleasure to be identified with Post 37, G. A. E., named in honor of my son, William B. Hatch, by allowing me to present to the same its colors. The memory of my son is ever dear to me, and, while at the same moment I may have thought the sacrifice too great an affliction, yet I was consoled by the fact that I gave him up that this Union might be preserved. It was duty and patriotism that called him, and while I mourn him as a mother for a well-beloved son, yet I would not have stayed him, for the love of country and the upholding of this glorious Republic is what every mother should instill into her sons, as the purest and holiest spirit.

Yours truly,

C. Hatch


The following is a complete roster of this post for 1886 :

Post Commander, Benjamin H. Connelly; Senior Vice-Commander, Adam C. Smith ; Junior Vice-Commander, William Haegele; Surgeon, George Pfau ; Chaplain, Samuel Gaul; Officer of the Day, Robert Crawford ; Officer of the Guard, John D. Cooper; Quartermaster, Samuel J. Fenner; Adjutant, William B. Summers; Sergeant-Major, Stacy H. Bassett; Quartermaster-Sergeant, Otto K. Lockhart.

Comrades: Philip Achenbach, George L. Allchin, Isaac Albertson, Joseph Applegate, John W. Barclay, Martin M. Barney, Joseph Baxter, William W. Bennett, Charles L. Bennett, Henry Bickering, Abel Biddle, George K. Biddle, John Bieri, Robert M. Bingham, Socrates T. Bittle, George W. Bittle,  Benjamin F. Blizzard, Joseph Borton, Frederick Bowers, Benjamin M. Braker, John Breyer, William H. Brians, Wm. J. Broadwater, William Broadwater, John Brown, Harris Brooks, William H. Brooks, Joseph F. Bryan, Joseph Buddew, J. Q. Burniston, George Burton,  Frederick Buser, Thomas L. Bush,  William Butcher, Isaac B. Buzby, Edward C. Cattell, Joseph Cameron,  James H. Carey, William Carey, James Chadwick, James Chafey, George M. Chester, James D. Chester, Lewis L. Chew, Henry S. Chew, John W. Churn,  Andrew B. Cline, Charles Clarke, Samuel J. Cook, Levi E. Cole, John J. Collins, John C. Cooper, John W. Cotner, Thomas L. Conly, Harvey M. Cox, Jason S. Cox, Harris Crane, Charles Cress, Joel G. Cross, O. C. Cunningham, John A. Dall, John Dalby, John H. Damon, Westley Dare, John E. Dawson, Adam T. Dawson, James L. Davis, William Davis, Amos R. Dease, Henry Deford, Lewis F. Derousse, Michael Devinney, Glendora Devo, John Digney, Joseph Dilks, William A. Dobbins, George W. Dunlap, Aaron B. Eacritt, John J. Early, Christopher Ebele, Godfrey Eisenhart, John Elberson, Charles Elwell, Charles Eminecker, John Esler, John H. Evans, Charles S. Fackler, James Fanington, James A. Farraday, John H. Farry, John Faughey, Wm. H. Fenlin, George G. Felton, George W. Ferguson, Charles W. Fish, Israel L. Fish, James Finnan, Samuel B. Fisher, Edward L. Fisher, Ephraim B. Fithian, Jacob T. Fisher, Edward Fitzer, Samuel Flock, Leonard Flor, John Fox, John S. Fox, H. H. Franks, Chas. B. Frazer, Thomas J. Francis, Samuel W. Gahan, Chas. H. Gale, James Galbraith, Thomas Garman, Harry Garren, John W. Garwood, Josiah Garrison, John B. Gaskill, Richard Gaunt, Wm. German, Christopher Getsinger, Christopher Gifney, Jacob Giffens, Albert Gilbert, James Gillen, Wm. Giffins, C. C. Greany, Charles Green, W. H. Griffin, Louis Grosskops, William Grindrod, John B. Grubb, Mark H. Guest, John Guice, Alfred Haines, Charles G. Haines, Japhet Haines, George F. Hammond, Charles Hall, Solon B. Hankinson, Samuel P. Hankinson, James Hanson, Charles Hannans, H. A. Hartranft, Mahlon E. Harden, William F. Harper, George W. Hayter, Samuel B. Harbeson, J. T. Hazleton, H. Heinman, James Henderson, William H. Heward, Franklin Hewitt, James T. Hemmingway, Charles Hewitt, Edward K. Hess, Samuel B. Hickman, George Higgens, Ephraim Hillman, C. M. Hoagland, Guadaloupe Holl, William A. Holland, Isaac K. Horner, Count D. G. Hogan, William H. Howard, Baxter Howe, Alien Hubbs, Charles G. Hunsinger, Presmel D. Hughes, I. N. Hugg, Sebastian Hummell, Edward Hutchinson, C. Innes, Alfred Ivins, Benjamin Ivins, E. G. Jackson Sr., E. G. Jackson Jr., Thomas Jameson, George Jauss, William P. Jenkins, James L. Johnson, Alfred Jones, B. F. Jones, William Joline, Charles Joseph, Charles Justice, C. H. Kain, E. E. Kates, Benjamin Kebler, Frank Kebler, Peter Keen, Henry N. Killian, J. W. Kinsey, C. H. Knowlton, Thomas W. Krips, Joseph H. Large, John E. Leake, John Lecroy, Charles Leonhart, George W. Locke, E. J. Long, Charles L. Lukens, J. H. Lupton, Valentine Machemer, Edward Macloskey, Edward A. Martin, William P. Marsh, John Mapes, William Mead, William Metcalf, E. A. Meyer, C. Meyers, George Meilor, C. A. Michener, William B. E. Miller, Jacob Miller, W. D. Miller, Samuel Mills, William W. Mines, Christopher J. Mines, George Molesbury, William. Moran, Edward More, Richard Morgan, John F. Moore, S. H. Moyer, Jacob L. Morton, John Muir, John J. Murphy, Isaac Murray, Charles Myers, W. H. McAllister, James McCracken, Edward C. McDowell, Hugh McGrogan, H. M. Mcllvaine, W. F. McKillip, W.J.McNeir, Lewis McPherson, E. McPherson, Jacob Naglee, William Naphas, Antonio Nosardi, Robert O'Keefe, John S. Owens, Robert Owens, Edward H. Pancoast, James Pancoast, Robert B. Patterson, William Patterson, E. W. Pease, John B. Pepper, Joel Perrine, John Peterson, D. E. Peugh, Frederick Phile, Samuel B. Pine, William M. Pine, Adon Powell, John Powell, John Portz, J. B. Prucelle, John Quick, S. E. Radcliffe, Isaac C. Randolph, James A. Regens, Philip Reilly, Charles P. Reynolds, Alexander Rhodes, Benjamin F. Richard, Andrew Ridgway, Benjamin Robbins, Edward C. Roberts, James Roberts, Richard J. Robertson, William B. Robertson, Isaac Rogers, John Rogers, William H. Rogers, Thomas G. Rowand, Sebastian Schaub, Maurice Schmidt, Christian K. Schallers, James Schofield, George W. Scott, John E. Scott, John M. Shemelia, Edward M. Siemers, John Simmons, Benjamin F. Shinn, Thomas Sheeran, James Shield, Charles Smith, George H. Smith, William W. Smith, Charles S. Small, Adolph Snow, W. Souder, Francis Senders, Robert Sparks, David C. Sprowl, Alfred L. Sparks, Abraham Springer, George W. Stewart, William L. Stevenson, Thomas G. Stephenson, Samuel R. Stockton, Thomas Stockton, Thomas H. Stone, Henry Strick, E. J. Strickland, Charles String, George F. Stull, George W. Swaney, Crosby Sweeten, William F. Tarr, William A. Tatem, Thomas S. Tanier, George Rudolph Tenner, Charles L. Test, Leonard Thomas, Benjamin Thomas, Henry C. Thomas, George F. Thorne, Wesley Thorn, Thomas W. Thornley, Alexander W. Titus, Joseph Tompkins, J. E. Troth, Isaac C. Toone, Samuel Tyier, Jacob M. Van Nest, Albert Vansciver, Joseph Wakeman, Theodore F. Walker, Charles Walton, George Walton, Joseph Welsh, David Watson, George W. Wentling, Edward West, Elmer M. West, George Weyman, Wilmer Whillden, James Whittaker, Samuel Wickward, Calvin T. Williams,  George W. Williams,  William H. Williams, John Williams, Samuel Winner, Amos P. Wilson, D.H. Wilson, G.A. Wilson, Richard Wilson, George Wispert, John W. Wood, Joseph Woodfield, Walter Wolfkill, E. W. Wolverton, Elijah Worthington, C. M. Wright, George B. Wright, Henry S. Wright, Wesley T. Wright, William Zane. 

As of 1886, the Hatch Post met every Thursday evening in their own G. A. R. Hall, on Stevens Street, below Fifth Street. This same building had been used in the late 1870s as the original home of the congregation that formed the Tabernacle Baptist Church. The Hatch Post was affiliated with Hatch League No. 2, of the Loyal Ladies League, their auxiliary, which met at the Post Hall.



THE first building that would attract the attention on South Third Street is that owned and occupied by Mr. Hammond as his plumbing office. The building is old English in design, the first story built of limestone and the finishings being brick. The entrance reminds one of the old London houses built so many years ago. This building was built in 1888 for Mr. Hammond, and the only structure of the kind in the United States.

The business was started in 1875 by the present owner. The building occupied was just across the street, and finding that the business was getting too large for the store, the move was made. The property now occupied has a frontage of 35 feet on South Third Street and a depth of over a hundred with a large storage yard. 

All kinds of plumbing are done by the firm. Many of the new houses that have just been put up in the city bear evidence to the ability and skill of Mr. Hammond, he having had the contract to do the sanitary work. All kinds of jobbing is attended too in the shortest possible time. When running, normally 15 to 35 hands are constantly employed and one team.

Mr. Hammond is a native of the City of Baltimore, but has been identified with Camden's best interests since 1872. He has frequently had official honor thrust upon him by his admiring fellow-citizens, he now holding the position of President of the Board of Health and a member of the City Council.

Mr. Hammond is a member of the Order of Masons and Post 37, in this city, having been in the 33d Illinois Infantry for three years and four months.





Philadelphia Inquirer
May 1, 1891

John A. Furey
James M. Lane
Frank Burdsall
Charles Helmbold
Edward E. Jefferis
Dr. John W. Donges
Dr. John D. Leckner
Charles Lederman
George A. Frey
Arthur Bedell
Florence F. Hogate
Dr. Philip W. Beale
Robert L. Barber
Cooper B. Hatch
Dr. William B.E. Miller
Robert F. Smith
Joseph A. Starr
Joseph A. Ross
Howard Lee
Charles H. Sharp
Eugene B. Roberts
John Leighton Westcott
Maurice A. Rogers
George F. Hammond
Benjamin Lawton
Isaac C. Githens
Isaac Lord
Cornelius Scheperkotter
Dr. William S. Jones
Isaac Ferris Sr.


Civil War Pension Record for George F. Hammond

Philadelphia Imquirer

May 11, 1908

John S. Smith
Marcus Carroll
Bowman H. Shivers
George Hammond
Felix McCabe

Click on Image for PDF File

Philadelphia Inquirer
March 3, 1912

George Bachman
William Weiser
Joseph Shackleford
Frank W. Tussey
Adam R. Sloan
William P. Osler
Reuben Croxton
George E. Boyer
William F. Schmid
George F. Hammond
John W. Johnson
Albert B. Fortiner
J. Blair Cuthbert

Click on Image for PDF File

Philadelphia Inquirer
June 23, 1912

Charles H. Ellis - William Weiser
Joseph Shackleford - Frank W. Tussey
Adam R. Sloan - William P. Osler
Reuben Croxton - George E. Boyer
William F. Schmid - John W. Johnson
George F. Hammond - Albert B. Fortiner
J. Blair Cuthbert

Masonic Temple - Ridgway House

Click on Image for PDF File

Camden Post-Telegram * January 19, 1915

Third Ward Republican Club - Turn Verein Hall - J. Edward Way - A. Benjamin Sparks
William H. Hall - John T. Rodan - Rushton's Orchestra - Harry Hertline - Walter J. Stanton - Jesse Hillman
Lemuel Toy - Jesse Smith - Morris Steelman - William Elberson - Samuel S. Bacon - Albert Keaser 
Harry Miller - Frank Smith - John S. Roberts - George Murry - Harry Selby - Harry C. Sharp
Robert Schroeder - James Vickers - Elwyn D. Steen - William Horay - Clarence H. Thorn - Wright Cox
Frank S. Fithian - George F. Hammond - Albert J. Meyer - Harry Stowe - Wesley J. Stanton
Thomas Dickinson - Edwin Fields - William H. Dill  - Frank S. Ireton - Gustav Jans

Charles H. Errickson - Henry Gerke - James MacDemott - George Schu - William M. Fithian
Julius R. Schaaf - James Monahan - Thomas Madden - George Cox - Robert J. Garrison